Sunday, September 25

the plot in the pumpkin patch

A college junior comes home for the weekend to find that the older brother she always loved hanging out with finally got his first "real job" and is now a yuppie. What will happen when their loving but oblivious mother sends them off together to find a pumpkin for Halloween?

I don't know either, and so I am potentially screwed for creative writing. The choice was between two scenes, one of which I had to elaborate on and turn into a full story. The other one would make a funny, awesome story, but unfortunately, it would probably have turned into sci fi. NO GENRE FICTION, she says. ART, NOT ENTERTAINMENT, she says. WRITE STORIES WITHOUT REAL PLOTS, she implies.

There might still be a mouse living in my room, and I haven't been in there since Tuesday morning. Cleaning awaits me as soon as I open that door... *shudder*

Theory is so much easier than reality.

Went yard sale-ing today and found a Gen 1 My Little Pony, which I think I already have somewhere around here, and a fish tank which is smaller than the one I have. I might give Dan the 2.5 gal if he decides he wants to get some fish.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you use the Random Question Meme generator thing as a basis for your Artistic (but not Entertaining) creative writing? :)

September 28, 2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

That is such an awesome idea! I'll have to do that on my next story.

I don't know how artistic the story I handed in tonight ended up, but I totally nailed the implied ending thing.

By the way, thanks for actually commenting on my entries.

September 30, 2005 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home