Friday, December 16

of broken coffee vessels

Funny, how anger can be delayed and then come out hours after the fact, while eating a bowl of Coco Puffs.

With no one around, no one to kick or scream at, there were only so many ways to express my anger. One was by throwing my Donovan cap down upon the table in a rageful manner, another was to eat my Coco Puffs as violently as possible, flirting with the possibilty of Coco Milk spills. Risky.

I was (and still am) mad about the mug. My wonderful, exceedingly high-quality, Job Lot bought, Christmas light travel mug. It only cost me $2.50, but that doesn't mean I'm not mad that someone in my family broke it and won't own up. They have no respect for other people's stuff, and I believe that in almost any other household, someone would have apologized to me by now.

Instead, when I asked my dad about the broken mug, I was told "no one broke your mug." Gee, then why is it broken? Why has the handle come off, taking a chunk of the mug with it? Why was it in perfect condition, waiting to go in the dishwasher, when I went to bed, and missing its handle when I got up?

Sure, no one broke my mug.