Thursday, December 8

booze it up

Lately it's been one of those times when, if I do update, I don't finish writing any entries and they just sit there in draft form. So, I figured, now that I can type not-quite-super fast, maybe I'll just time myself and freewrite for a few minutes on whatever I'm thinking, or whatever's been going on.

Emeril is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's not funny in the way he means it to be funny, certainly not the jokes his audience actually laughs at, but it's funny because he is so blatantly drunk. He lurches, he forgets words, he had pseudo-sexual interludes with his blender. Most of all, he gestures Italianly, and the gestures never match whatever it is he's actually saying. He also makes threats about oozing fig filling, which doesn't end up oozing. BAM! Kick it up a notch! What are those called--jimmies?-- sounds like they had a bad childhood! BAM!

I have to have my one-on-one tutorial with my creative writing prof. tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home