Thursday, November 9

pixelated and pixilated

My video card is an Nvidia Gefore4 MX 440. For the three and a half years I have owned this computer, I have only known the "nvidia" part of that futuristic-sounding mouthful, because my computer played any game I wanted. The games I play tend to be older, because I base my purchases on what interests me rather than what is six-bladed razor trendy; the only brand new game I have ever purchased is The Sims 2, which came out only a year after my comp, and so ran perfectly well. Actually, it was in that same purchase (to save on shipping, of course) that I purchased for $10 The Longest Journey, which is the best adventure game to come at since at least the mid-90's. In April, it's sequel Dreamfall came out, and my mom gave it to my a few days ago as a six-month late birthday present. It doesn't run. On the famiy computer, for no reason I can discern. On my computer, for lack of an adequate video card. As much as I would love to play this game (despite the horror stories I've heard about the controls), video cards are expensive, and this is the only game I need a new one for. :( If anyone reads this (besides Dan, who knows even less about video cards than I), feel free to conveniently comment with the model number of an inexpensive, minimum "100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128 mb card with latest drivers."

Today I talked awhile with a girl from my Tolkien class, which was fun because I am antisocial and not usually good at talking to people I don't know well. But it's always easier talking to someone with similar, subculture-type interests, although it all started with talk about some group papers from class. Words also come easier with a bit of caffeine; that was the case with the first truly inspired piece of writing that I've started in an incredibly long time. Oghma?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home