Saturday, January 15

a tip of the World Champions Red Sox hat to murderous Valanice

I was awakened from dreams of Frodo collecting sunscreen left behind by bikers, dreary school days, and a summer spent in a mall putting colorful donuts (doughnuts) in a glass case while trying to figure who "the alien among us" was by someone shouting that I had a telephone call. After some yelling and trouble rolling out of bed, I called Dan and found out that Vally died. Valanice the Betta Fish, June 2004- January 2005. Dan thinks she had fish tuberculosis. :( He didn't let me help with her burial, which made me a little sad. She was, after all, my fish first. Even though I didn't like her because she killed Lorelai and was most certainly a contributor to the return of Glorfindel's tail rot, I would have liked to have said a few words for her. Now there is only FĂ«anor, since Dan doesn't want a new fish. Too bad, because it's nice to have a little friend in the dorms.

Last night dad decided that he wanted to rent The Passion of the Christ. Seeing as it's directed by Mel Gibson, I wasn't expecting much from it, but it really had the potential to be a good movie. It's just too bad that I can specifically pinpoint at least FIVE places where the scene would have been more powerful for NOT showing blood instead of showing rivers of it. Except for at the beginning, I really didn't even feel too badly for Jesus, the main character you're supposed to feel bad for, because all the blood on him just reminded me how excessively graphic the movie is. And now Dan is ready to leave, so I will not rant any longer about the movie or... anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home