Sunday, January 25

the marcy and tom theory

So it was thought, until this day, that Disney owned the world. This is not so! Marcey Carsey and Tom Werner own the world. Ever notice how, at the end of a sitcom, the two names you are most likely to see are Marcy and Tom? They've produced almost every notable sitcom from the eighties to the present day; Roseanne, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and The Cosby Show to name a few. It's absolutely a miracle that they had nothing to do with Seinfeld. On the surface, it would seem that Disney owns the world. It makes sense. Disney has theme parks, movies, ABC, and merchandise up the wazoo. Marcy and Tom, however, are the ones running things from the background. Upon further research I found out that Marcy Carsey hosted the wedding of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston while Tom Werner formerly owned the San Diego Padres and currently co-owns half of the Boston Red Sox.

Once they find out from their numerous spy networks that I know, I hope they don't have me exterminated. I have a promising career as a writer in my future and this could prove beneficial to them. Marcy Carsey and Tom Werner, I just want you to know that I'm glad it's you and not Disney.